I don’t want to jinx it, but I am blessed with pretty healthy skin except for a few unwanted visitors in the form of red tiny manholes, waiting to erupt, from time to time and yes, dark circles. Now that I actually think, my skin isn’t all that good! But, I think I can live with it. I do experiment with a lot of stuff on my skin, but mostly organic and natural ingredients. Coconut oil, aloe-vera gel and raw potato juice is what suits my skin. Although, too much of coconut oil does invite the acne.
So I wanted to share a few of the products that I have used over time, which has actually yielded very very good result! And I have researched for hours before getting them in my hand and applying them on my skin. But remember to do a patch test before you start using any of these, regularly.
For Tan : You have got to believe me when I say that I have been to Goa ten times already and every time I return with a horrible tan. I love the beach and love the sun so I really don’t care, when I am there but I end up looking like a recently waxed orangutan(thanks to the orangish-brown hair on my head). There are three major things which will help you face this minor problem of a tan-beyond-recognition.
- Potato : Just grate a whole potato( with or without skin, doesn’t matter), squeeze out the juice and apply it all over your face and hands and wherever you are tanned. Do it thrice a week and bid adieu to the dark layer in a week’s time.
- Lotus Face Pack : This one is a saviour. Since the last three years I use this face pack whenever the need arises and it has never failed me.
- Aloe vera : My another go-to beauty product is aloe vera gel. One big leaf is enough to last a week. You might feel a slight irritation when you apply it, but that’s okay. It just shows that the gel is working it’s magic 😉
For cleansing :
- Micellar water : I started using the Micellar water by Boots and it has been quite a good experience till now. Best thing about it is, you can use it to remove the eye make-up as well.
- Aloe Vera : Take a generous amount of aloe vera gel in your palm and gently rub it all over your face. Leave it for a while and wash it off. It works!
- Coconut Oil : Avoid this if you have oily skin. Otherwise just use cold-pressed coconut oil as a cleanser and wash it off. You can see the healthy glow, the next day when you wake up.
For toning :
Vetiver Water : It’ s slightly over-priced but vetiver water actually surprised me with it’s versatility. It’s been three months since I started using it and it has been really helpful. Rose water tends to make my skin a little oily but vetiver water is just the right thing for that healthy glow.
Night Ritual :
Kumkumadi Tailam : So, I saw Mira Rajput talk about the benefits of using kumkumadi on skin and I ordered it the very next day to try it and luckily, she was right. I have normal-to-oily skin, so I avoid applying the oil on my T-zone. It is one miracle oil which has already started working on the dark circles, dark patches, dry patches and even the slight hint of wrinkles around my eyes.
You can click on the product to buy. Take care and be happy! Will be back with another article soon!